SAVE THE DATE
Partnerships for Global Change
Date: Monday 7 September – Friday 11 August, 2020
Venue: Club Mykonos Resort Resort, Langebaan
- The Fynbos Forum is an affiliation of natural scientists, researchers, planners, managers, landowners and stakeholders.
- The forum meets annually to discuss the collaborative production of knowledge that underpins regional conservation efforts in the fynbos biome, South Africa.
- As a transdisciplinary regional learning network, the Fynbos Forum supports discussions on management issues and research results.
- The annual meeting formulates priorities for future research and conservation management actions required to ensure the conservation and sustainability of fynbos ecosystems.
- In order to achieve this goal, Fynbos Forum members undertake to assess biological resources, ensure institutional capacity and consider socio-economic issues.
- The Fynbos Forum annual meeting is usually held in early August.
- The venue of the 41st Fynbos Forum is Baardskeerdersbos, Western Cape
- The 2019 theme is: Eliminate barriers to conservation
- Twitter tag: #Fynbos2019
The Impact and History of The Fynbos Forum
- The Fynbos Forum: Its Impacts and History by Caroline Gelderblom & Julia Wood.
- Published by: The Fynbos Forum, Cape Town. 226 pages, 2018. ISBN Number: 978-0-620-80362-5.
- With grateful thanks for sponsorship from the Table Mountain Fund, WWF.
- On 1 August, 2018, this book on the 40 year history of the Fynbos Forum was launched at the 40th Fynbos Forum, Rawsonville.
- The book showcases the personalities, research and fynbos management expertise that underpins the success of the Fynbos Forum.
Download a digital copy of The Fynbos Forum: Its Impacts and History