FYNBOS FORUM 2018
- The Fynbos Forum is an affiliation of natural scientists, researchers, planners, managers, landowners and stakeholders.
- The forum meets annually to discuss the collaborative production of knowledge that underpins regional conservation efforts in the fynbos biome, South Africa.
- As a transdisciplinary regional learning network, the Fynbos Forum supports discussions on management issues and research results.
- The annual meeting formulates priorities for future research and conservation management actions required to ensure the conservation and sustainability of fynbos ecosystems.
- In order to achieve this goal, Fynbos Forum members undertake to assess biological resources, ensure institutional capacity and consider socio-economic issues.
- The 40th Fynbos Forum annual meeting will be held from 31 July - 3 August, 2018.
- The venue will be at Goudini Spa Resort, Rawsonville, Western Cape.
- This year’s theme is ‘Fynbos on fleek @ 40’.
- Twitter tags: #FynbosonFleek #Fynbos2018
CAPE LIKE 2018
- The 40th Fynbos Forum will be held alongside the 2018 Cape Action for People and the Environment's (CAPE) Landscape Initiative Knowledge Exchange (LIKE).
- The 2018 CAPE LIKE will take place at the Goudini Spa Resort from 30 July - 2 August.
- CAPE LIKE initiatives in the Cape Floristic Region (CFR) come together to support and encourage the sharing of lessons, information and experiences.
In June 2018, a book on the 40 year history of the Fynbos Forum will be launched. The book showcases the personalities, research and fynbos management expertise that underpins the success of the Fynbos Forum.
The Fynbos Forum – Its Impacts and History. Edited by Caroline Gelderblom and Julia Wood. Published by the Fynbos Forum, 2018.
Watch this space! Details on how to order your copy of the book will be rolled out on this website.